This issue is devoted to the research training programs, and it includes a report of the La Caixa- Severo Ochoa predoctoral program at ICMAT including interviews with María Pe Pereira, postdoc researcher at the ICMAT and José Luis Rubio de Francia Prize winner 2013 and Jesús Sanz-Serna (University of Valaddolid). Along with the news, agenda and editorial sections, it includes two sections: ‘Scientifc report’, in which selected papers written by ICMAT researchers are presented to a general audience, and ‘Personalities’, showcasing profiles of the young researchers at ICMAT.
Table of contents:
- Editorial: “Breathing Mathematics”.
- Report: “Educating for Excellence”.
- Report: “Getting to know your idols”.
- Interview with María Pe Pereira, José Luis Rubio de Francia Prize-winer 2013: “It’s good that there are visible examples of professionally successful women, and especially in mathematics”.
- Interview with Jesús María Sanz Serna, full professor at the University of Valladolid: “My articles have changed the way other people do research.”
- Personalities: Profile of Tania Pernas, ICMAT researcher.
- Self-portrait: Xavier Tolsa Domènech, ICREA researcher profesor.
- Scientific review: Ant Foraging and Geodesic Paths in Labyrinths: Analytical and Computational Results.
- ICMAT News.