The ICMAT counts among its international activities the establishment and implementation of national and international agreements for scientific cooperation with other research organizations. In the framework of such agreements, the ICMAT and its partners bundle their knowledge, experience and expertise and combine complementary methods and know-how to create added scientific value.
Activities developed under bilateral agreements are the following:
- Stimulating the exchange of researchers.
- Organizing training activities for researchers and supervision of PhDs.
- Collaborating in the development of academic programmes and graduate degrees.
- Promoting the access and shared use of research infrastructure.
- Organizing workshops, networks, seminars and conferences in fields of mutual interest.
- Applying for funding for the development of joint research projects.
List of partners
- Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science – AMSS, China
- African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), Ghana
- Basque Centre for Applied Mathematics – BCAM, Spain (underway)
- Beijing International Centre of Mathematical Research – BICMR, China
- CAU Nonlinear PDE Center – CAUPDE, Republic of Korea (underway)
- Centre de Recerca Matemàtica – CRM, Spain
- Centre de Recherche Mathématique – CRM, Université de Montréal, Canada (underway)
- Centro de Modelamiento Matemático – CMM, Chile (underway)
- Chern Institute of Mathematics – CIM, China
- Indian Institute of Science – IISC, India
- International Mathematical Sciences Institutes – IMSI
- Mathematical Science Centre – MSC, Tshinghua University, China
- Scuola Internazionale Superiori di Sutdi Avanzati – SISSA, Italy (underway)
- Universidad Tecnológica Nacional – UTN, Argentina (underway)