The objective of the ICMAT is to become a leading international research center of excellence offering internationally recognized doctoral and post-doctoral training courses, as well as stimulating interdisciplinary collaboration, organizing events of international standing and promoting dissemination activities.
The new building where the center is housed was inaugurated in September, 2010. Located on the UAM Campus in Madrid, its facilities are exceptional in the field of mathematical research.
The main objectives of the ICMAT
- Perform high quality mathematical research
- Stimulate interdisciplinary research and explore new contexts for its use in basic science and in industry, with an eye towards its applications in the contemporary information society.
- Provide internationally competitive doctoral and postdoctoral training.
- Serve as an interlocutor between the scientific community and the technological, industrial, and financial sectors.
- Disseminate the beauty and uses of mathematics by establishing a dialogue with society, bringing scientific news and science popularization content both to specialised and general audiences.
Here you can find attached a description of the ICMAT in the European Mathematical Society Newsletter (June 2011): EMS Newsletter
Or even, you can download this informative brochure, where our purposes are summarized briefly: ICMAT Presentation