This second issue includes interviews with Roger Brockett, researcher at Harvard University and driving force of mathematics in engineering, and with Francesco D’Ovidio, a researcher who works at the interface between physics an biology at the CNRS. In addition Christiane Rousseau, promoter and director of MPE2013 an vice president of the International Mathematical Union (IMU), introduces the iniciative in the editorial and a report shows the impact of MPE2013 in Spain. Carlos Escudero, ICMAT researcher, speaks about Large Deviations for the Stochastic Lotka-Volterra Problem, and Nigel Hitchin (Oxford University) opens a new section, “Selfportrait”, the ICMAT questionnaire.
Table of contents:
- Editorial. Christiane Rousseau.
- Report: “Exploring the Earth with Formulas”.
- Interview with Roger Brockett, researcher at Harvard University: “It is important to create an environment that encourages people to take the long range view”.
- Francesco d’Ovidio, researcher at the CNRS in France. "We want to draw the invisible landscape of the high seas".
- Self-portrait: Nigel Hitchin, Professor of Geometry at Oxford University.
- Large Deviations for the Stochastic Lotka-Volterra Problem.
- Current Events in Mathematics.