This issue of the ICMAT Newsletter is devoted largely to Mathematical research in Europe. Along with the news, agenda and editorial sections, the newsletter includes one report, two interviews, the sections ‘Scientifc reports’, ‘Personalities’ and ICMAT-Questionnaire.
Table of contents:
- Editorial: "Looking to Europe”.
- Interview: Jean-Pierre Bourguignon, president of the ERC.
- Report: Europe endorses the ICMAT’s excellence in mathematical research.
- Interview: Shigefumi Mori, chair of the International Mathematical Union.
- ICMAT-Questionnaire of David Rios, head of the AXA-Chair in Adversary Risk Analysis at ICMAT (Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas).
- Scientific Review: Channel capacities via p-summing norms.
- Profile of Omar Lazar, Marie-Curie fellow at ICMAT.
- ICMAT news & Agenda