This issue pays particular attention to two important mathematical events that took place last summer: the 10th Congress of the American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), hold in Madrid, and the International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM), hold in Seoul (South Korea) . Along with the news, agenda and editorial sections, the newsletter includes two reports, four interviews, the sections ‘Scientifc reports’ and ‘Personalities’.
Table of contents:
- Editorial: "The ICMAT attends the great congress of mathematics”.
- Report: "Breaking Barriers”.
- Profiles & Scientific reviews: ICMAT Researchers at the ICM.
- Report: Mathematicians take Madrid.
- Interview: Cèdric Villani, Fields medallist 2010.
- Interview: Hélène Esnault, expert in Arithmetic Geometry.
- Interview: Carmen Vela, Spanish Secretary of State for Research, Development and Innovation.
- Profile : Standley Oshen, 2014 Gauss prize winner.
- Interview: Ángel Castro, José Luis Rubio de Francia 2013 award.
- ICMAT news & Agenda.