This issue pays particular attention to the 10th Congress of the American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), which will be held on the Cantoblanco campus in Madrid between July 7th and July 11th. It includes a report of the congress and an interview with Shouchuan Hu, AIMS director and coordinator of the event. It also contains an interview with Nevanlinna Prize awarded Madhu Sudan (MIT). Along with the news, agenda and editorial sections, it includes ‘Scientifc report’, in which one selected paper written by Jordi Abad (ICMAT researcher) is presented to a general audience, and ‘Personalities’, showcasing profiles of the young researchers at ICMAT.
Table of contents:
- Editorial: "Time for transfer at the ICMAT".
- Report: "Mathematics ready to apply".
- Interview Shouchuan Hu, director of the American Institute of Mathematical Science (AIMS).
- Interview with Madhu Sudan, professor of Computation Science MIT and premio Nevanlinna Prize-Winner 2002.
- Personalities: Profile of Joan Tent, ICMAT researcher.
- Self-portrait: Self-portrait: Marc Noy, professor of Applied Mathematics at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
- Scientific review: Large cardinals and base sequences.
- ICMAT News.