The ICMAT Newsletter #16 corresponds to the first quarter 2018.
Table of contents:
- Editorial: Ten years of the ICMAT.
- Report: “Eight lines, nine groups and ten years”.
- Interview: Yakov Sinai (University of Princeton): "Many people believe that Chaos Theory should be connected with turbulence, but I’m not so sure".
- Report: Fifth anniversary of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum.
- Interview: Mario Livio: "Art and science are complementary responses to the universe".
- She Does Maths: Patricia Contreras (UCM-ICMAT).
- Interview: Victoria Ley: "In the eyes of those who govern us, science does not have the status it deserves as a driver of socio-economic development in Spain".
- Scientific Review: "Models for predicting traffic".
- Scientific Review: "Gravitating Vortices, Cosmic Strings, and the Kahler-Yang-Mills Equations".
- Portrait: Simón Rodríguez (CSIC-ICMAT).
- ICMAT Questionnaire: Liz Mansfield (Kent University, UK) y Peter Clarkson (Kent University, UK).
- Tell me about your thesis: Tania Pernas (ICMAT-UAM).
- Mathematics today.