The ICMAT Newsletter #15 corresponds to the second quarter 2017.
Table of contents:
- Editorial: Impressions from the ERCOM meeting.
- Interview: Leonid Polterovich, researcher at the University of Tel Aviv and an ERC Advanced Grant holder: “I used to do mathematics under my desk during office hours”.
- Report: “On the 10th anniversary of the ERC, the ICMAT leads the field in the number of grants obtained for mathematics in Europe”.
- Interview: José Manuel Fernández Labastida, director of the European Research Council (ERC) Scientific Department: “The success of the ICMAT in the ERC programmes is extraordinary”.
- She Does Maths Nastasia Grubic (ICMAT).
- ICMAT Questionnaire: Mikhail Sodin, an ERC Advanced Grant researcher at the University of Tel Aviv (Israel): “I was never able to solve a single problem in mathematical competitions”.
- Portrait: Francisco Torres de Lizaur (ICMAT): “Mathematics gives expression to the sciences”.
- Scientific Review: “A new approach to the KAM theories”.
- Scientific Review: “The existence of Engel structures”.
- Profiles: Meet the new ICMAT post-doctoral researchers.
- ICMAT News.